Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Boot Camp

Need I saw more.....

I got this great idea to lose weight. Let's jump start it right! Man, what was I thinking. I got a groupon for a crazy discount to try out boot camp Las Vegas for a month at the weekly price. I roped my awesome friend Tara into going with me. You don't realize how out of shape you are until you are pushed to the extreme. These people are crazy, I'm confinced. We started Monday last week. Boy was it killer. Here is a little recap.

Monday - 1 mile run for our warm up. Then extreme circuit training. We used tires and logs for an upper body workout. I busted my chin and bit my tongue trying to put the log down and rest.

Tuesday - We ran to the high school just down the street. We were told to pick up 2 2 - 3 lb rocks to use as weights. Once at the track, we were told this was the mission impossible challenge. No one ever finishes it. We ran one lap of the track then up the bleachers to the very top, did jumping jacks, then down back up again and down. The next lap we did with our weights. Then a lap without then, then we ran again with the weights only we ran backwards. So our total around the track was 4 laps plus the 4 times up and down and up and down the bleachers. Oh, then we had to run back to the park! Most of the veterens were 3 - 4 laps a head of us!!

Wednesday - 1 mile run warm up. We got in a circle and the lower body workout started. Squats, squats and more sqauts! I thought ok, I can do this. Ha was I wrong! We only stared with 2 squats, then we would do a minute of some floor exercise then we added 2 more squats. By the time we were done, we were doing 50 squats at a time. So total, we did 650 squats total! I just keep telling myself, it's only an hour long class. I can do this!

Thursday - 1 mile run warm up. Upper body work out with weights and medicine balls. We also ran chasers. My arms were like jello!

Friday - too much going on so we took the day off.

Monday - 1 mile run warm up. There was a long line of cone set up. We jumped over the cones then did a push up. There must have been like 25 comes. We also hit tires with a sleg hammer. Lots of sit ups and ab work. I'm pretty sure there was more running in there too!

Today, we were told its all cardio. I'm a littlr scared! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm scared too! I dont want to run