Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coupons!!!

So my new passion, thanks to Jamie Bielich, is couponing!! I know that with this crazy ecomony almost all of us are looking for ways to save money. Well, with the new house and new baby comes more expenses. More than I could have imagined. Don't get me wrong, I know diapers, clothes, and baby food were all in the mix. I just didn't expect to have the cost of daycare yet. You see we have been blessed with amazing moms. When Hailey was born, Bill's mom quit her job to watch Hailey. She knew that we just wouldn't be able to make it with the cost of daycare. Hailey didn't start day care until she was 18 months old!! I huge savings of over $14,000!!! She is amazing!! My mom was also helping to watch Hailey a couple of days a week. Then when Clayton was born, I only worked 3 days a week. My mom was able to watch him the other 2 days and Lori watched him on Fridays. See I have amazing moms!! So Clayton started daycare at 12 months. Another savings of almost $10,000. For those of you that haven't had to use daycare, it is a staggering number!! Well, this time around, I have had to work full time. In fact I really only took 3 weeks off after having JP. My mom was able to watch him full time for 6 months before it really started taking a toll on her. So at 8 months JP has started daycare.

In trying to save money, Bill and I decided we needed to start clipping coupons. Like most people we really didn't know where to start. I have been trying to do this for a couple of months now and really haven't gotten anywhere. Then I watched that new show called Extreme Couponing. I couldn't believe how much these people were saving. But it failed to tell you how they really do it. I wanted to learn more, but couldn't find anything. About a week later, My great friend Jamie invited me to a free couponing class. So of course I was there with bells on. I wanted to know how these people are able to save so much money. As the class started, everything was so intreging. The wheels in my head immediatly started turning. I think I fustrated the teacher cause I jumped ahead. I couldn't help it. I had gotten it and had to learn more. My the end of the class, I was so excited to jump on this coupon bandwagon. I want to share it with everyone I know. I'm going to host a free class sometime soon. Let me know if you are interested and what day of the week works best for you!!

Just so you know, I got 6 boxes of healthy pasta for FREE this week. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was telling Tara I want to start couponing too! Let me know when you deicide to have your class and hopefully I can go because I really want to :)

Cyn said...

will you hold a class in Cali as well. :)